ETCH & CLEAN™ - 4:1 MIX
FSC ETCH & CLEAN™
Concrete and Masonry Cleaner
FSC Etch & Clean™ is a powerful concentrated acid based detergent used to clean dirty and contaminated concrete and masonry. FSC Etch & Clean™ is a very effective concrete & masonry that can and should be diluted based on use. FSC Etch & Clean™ is also effective in removing light concrete residues from vehicles and tools. Diluted mixtures can provide powerful one-step masonry cleaning action, with no film left behind to hinder coating adhesion.
PHOSPHORIC ACID SOLUTION CORROSIVE MATERIAL UN1789
DIRECTIONS FOR USE: A test area should be processed before beginning the overall project to determine precise procedures necessary for the most effective results. FSC Etch & Clean™ is designed to be mixed with water to achieve maximum results. At a minimum mix 1 quart FSC Etch & Clean™ per 1 gallon water. For larger amounts, mix 1 gal FSC Etch & Clean™ with up to 4 gallons of water in a plastic 5 gallon pail. Mixture may even be diluted further for lighter cleaning applications (as determined by test procedures). For tight slabs, 2 applications may be needed.
Note: if water "beads" on floor or does not "wet" concrete, degreasing and/or floor stripping will be necessary prior to acid etching. For heavy grease or oil contamination, undertake degreasing operation before applying FSC Etch & Clean™ with 190 Wax & Grease Remover or Aircraft Stripper.
1. MIX well before using. Wear safety goggles, proper boots, and impervious gloves and clothing. Use only with adequate ventilation. Make sure all equipment to be used is acid-resistant equipment.
2. APPLY to surface, using acid-resistant sprayer, synthetic brush or roller, or synthetic mop.
3. Let stand on surface 5-10 minutes (or as determined by test).
4. SCRUB with stiff-bristled brush or floor scrubbing machine (best results).
5. RINSE with a high-power cold-water rinse. Power washing is best with 2500 psi (4-5 gpm or greater). Repeat rinse process as necessary until foaming / sudsing is gone.
6. NEUTRALIZE with baking soda at ½ to 1 lb. Per 100 sq ft of surface. Ph should be between 6-8 according to ph pencil. Repeat as necessary to achieve proper ph; if ph remains below 6 and above 9, then stop and evaluate source of problem.
COVERAGE: Approximately 200-250 ft² per concentrated gallon (40-50/rtu gallon).
PRECAUTIONS: All adjacent surfaces should be protected. Plants and shrubbery should also be protected. Beware of wind drift onto auto and pedestrian traffic.
WARNING: READ BEFORE USING - DANGER: contains cellosalve solvent, proprietary agents and phosphoric acid. Protect eyes with full face shield including full eye coverage. Wear impervious clothing, shoes & gloves. Use only with adequate ventilation. Do not store in temperatures over 110°f or allow material to freeze.
POISON -- MAY BE FATAL IF SWALLOWED
FIRST AID: Seek first aid in case of contact or suspicion of contact. CALL PHYSICIAN IMMEDIATELY. When seeking medical help, take this form with you.
SKIN: Flush with plenty of water for at least 15 minutes.
EYES: Immediately flush with running water, holding eyes open by force if necessary for at least 20 minutes.
INHALATION: Move to fresh air. Apply oxygen and/or artificial respiration as needed.
INGESTION:) Do not induce vomiting. Dilute with large amounts of milk or water. Seek medical assistance to induce vomiting. (contains phosphoric acid)